Friday, October 29, 2010

Ram Dev Babas Medicine For Infection From Spider

Address by President


With these few words I wish to thank my President Hu Jintao and Prime Minister Wen Jiabao. Thank you, and all the Chinese people for the welcome they received in this amazing and vast country. I remember with emotion the moment, when I was only twenty-four, was proclaimed by Mao Tse Tung, the birth of the Republic of China, and today I feel that same emotion. I never imagined then that, now old, I would be here in an official capacity as President of the Italian Republic, sixty years later. China has walked a lot in recent years has allowed one billion three hundred million human beings can have food, care for illness, a house, a job. Not cheap. This vast country has traveled in the economic field, in the last twenty years, long way, has forged ahead of the industrial progress in other countries has grown in more than a century. I hope that trade agreements, import-export business between China and Italy, cultural relations and friendship to develop to an increasing extent. It 's a huge country, yours, with huge resources, whose path must not be terminated. Progress is not measured solely by the gross domestic product, but also the means by which these immense riches have been created. With the work, of course. But even with the work of six million people - often guilty of only dissented against the state - interned in the Laogai which produces everything - from toys to computers, home furnishings and so on - and where living conditions are inhumane. The path should not be considered complete, Mr. President and Mr. Minister, if the complaint does still heavily on the media, which prevents the visibility of many websites, if they were prevented from freely express. As it was during the sad days of 1989, which could have been an opportunity for comparison, bitter, but civil, with the new political and social models that enlivened the fertile minds of many college students, teachers and workers. The events of 1989, notorious under the icon of the Tiananmen Square, we are solved in a bath of blood, deportations, camps for "reeducation" death sentences.
One of the founders of that political movement and intellectual Liu Xiaobo repeatedly imprisoned and punished, until recently sentenced to eleven years' imprisonment for crimes of opinion only. Liu Xiaobo, by virtue of its strong commitment to promoting human rights, was awarded the Nobel Prize for peace. In prison can not rejoice with anyone, he is prevented from giving interviews to journalists, and even his wife, Liu Xia is under arrest for the simple fact of being the wife of a Nobel prize uncomfortable.
I ask Mr. President and Mr. Minister - and I will end here - to reserve Liu Xiaobo to your fellow citizen the same reception that was given to me, and if this is not possible and convenient, ask to be freed and cleared of his charges. What today can hug his wife, who on December 10 he would withdraw the Nobel Prize.
I ask you a lot, I am aware. I ask this in the name of the unbounded admiration I feel for this country in the name of a large and growing recognition of China as a world player by the entire international community, I ask, remembering the emotion I experienced sixty years ago, because those promises of a newborn's Republic of China are no longer disregarded.
Thank you, Mr. President, thank you Mr. Minister.

This is the speech that I wanted to hear from President Giorgio Napolitano, a person whom I respect, on the occasion of his visit to China. So it was, there were only vague references to human rights and smoky (that probably nobody understands).

Sin

Toni La Malfa

0 comments:

Post a Comment