Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Expert Choice 11.5 Free

skies to the North Cape















































Caelum, non animum mutant trans sea currunt here. The wisdom of Horace pantofolaio - to mention "parva sed mihi APTA, writing on his house - reminds us that it is useless to go two thousand miles from home in hopes of changing their mood. Actually my mind seems a little 'reassured - if not on the trip, maybe it will be a rise in blood glucose I have not noticed - though it is certain that the skies will change a lot around here. It seems that the clouds travel quickly (there are a lot of land, these latitudes) and also the endless summer daylight hours allow you to watch a scene that "mutatio" all the time, moreover, enhanced by the various angles of the sun, mostly grazing. And in winter the spectacle is guaranteed by the aurora borealis, though on a background of intense cold and snow.
Today is the twenty-ninth of June, Tuesday. I skies available all day, and I'll take one hundred and twenty miles by bike to get to Karasjok. Even if I have to ride for many hours, I take the fact that I have already booked for tonight and the sun will not fade, to linger to the point of departure, Kautokeino, at the house-museum "Juhls Silvergallery" Juhls built by the couple, who have drawn inspiration from the forms of jewelry of the Sami people to create more disparate items of jewelry - mostly silver, but use any material - as well as sculptures and paintings. A good show: the house, designed using soft curves and sloping lines, it fits perfectly into the woods on the outskirts of Kautokeino, its interior is cozy and futuristic at the same time, and jewelry photographed and passed on a craft which otherwise would have been lost: spirals bracelets and earrings in infinite games, columns and pyramids that plunge into concentric circles, moons and suns, and stars. Bravi.
I leave the museum at 11.30, I fear that I will arrive very late tonight. Patience. Even if I could not do anything to get there first. I stop to buy water, salami, two sandwiches, and five "kvikk Lunski" identical to the kit-kat (who knows that is not a boycott against Nestle Norwegian).
Throughout the trip will go to a valley wedged between mountains and hills, carved by the force of the glaciers that left the lakes and rivers in the valley. The first stretch of twenty-five kilometers is in common with the road's arrival yesterday, this is a bit 'annoying. The skies, however, vary the same, on the clouds. I started off with a sky leaden, has gradually eased, leaving patches of blue. It is almost hot, hot here and there just go wild mosquitoes. Luckily do not make it to lean on me while I pedal, so it's only a psychological discomfort: in some places the air is seen to be dark than there are. The course of the river varies continuously: there are loops that have created enormous shoals of gravel, or sand of the islands, islets and sometimes they are entirely covered with trees. About four o'clock there is full sun with some cloud here and there, the temperature is mild, about 17 degrees, the plates are just a bit of snow on the hills' highest to remind me where I am. A look like landscapes, feel the breeze on the face, the sun that warms the bones, to feel his legs moving well, listening to the sound of the water and the sounds of the forest, to do all this, in short, thank heavens I'm alive. How many opportunities and how beautiful life can hold. sometimes I feel the heaviness of some situations in my life that I nailed to the ground, in others - as now - I'm easy and my burden even takes off.
The last fifteen miles before Karasjok are in a dense, cool forest, arrival at the bed and breakfast at nine o'clock in the evening. And, like a bad dream, the owner told me he would now not consulted the internet and did not see my reservation. And now there is no place. First option: I propose apologizing, arriving in the country to another bed and breakfast. The village is seven kilometers from here, I'm hungry and tired, I can not. So the second option: I am staying in his house. Approved, even if I feel a bit 'embarrassed. For tonight I sleep in my sleeping bag placed on bear skins that cover almost all its floors (everything here is wood, the stairs from the dishes to the table solid bin to the chandelier) in the living room. Gives me the reindeer cooked on the grill, very good, the devour in minutes. He asks me if I want to join the fire out, there is a kind of celebration with her relatives, I shot back with fatigue, I go to bed collapse. I wake up later, around one o'clock at night, I hear laughter and screams of children. I look out the window and saw a dozen people who go swimming in a stream (I guess its temperature), next is a giant tub ready (wooden, of course) with steaming water, I guess almost boiling. After a few minutes swimmers (children, men, women, imagine all relatives of the householder, including him) all lie down together, smiling and revelers in the big tub.
The sun is high in the sky.
I go back to bed in good spirits, their smile has infected me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment