Monday, February 11, 2008

How To Delete Your Sorority Life Name?

The puppets of the Epiphany and


Okay, I know, the Epiphany is long past and so why write now this post? Because one of the first to share "my" recipes with others we must think and think again: I am very very jealous of my secret.
So now I write it, that pain will go good for next year ... if someone is looking for (and finds it, just this one) ...

So, where I come from (Upper Valdarno), is used to find the children, on the morning of the Epiphany, the puppet. It 's a very simple dessert, which was once done with the bread dough to which was added to what was available to make and decorate cake: a little' sugar and nuts. Towards the Epiphany is more or less in all the bakeries, but there is less satisfaction.
The "modern" version is made with a kind of shortbread decorated with basin, and some sugar-candy, the dose that is used to make two.


700g flour 250g butter 250g

sugar 1 pinch salt
1 / 2 packet of baking powder 1 orange

2 eggs (one for and one for brushing the dough, but this can also do without)
A pleasure basin, various decorations of sugar, some candy, a few grains of raisins.

how:
you put the flour in a bowl or in a rather large (as I do) and you will add the other ingredients that soften butter at room temperature, sugar, egg, juice and the grated rind of orange, a pinch of salt, yeast. Should be mixed well to obtain a kind of pasta, more or less homogeneous. Form a ball with the dough and wrap with plastic wrap letting it stand an hour in the fridge. Oretta the past, I begin to form the puppet. Use it that girls will be donated in the form of a woman, for males, however, is modeled a horse.
divide the dough in two and start to stretch. So to speak, as I leave about 2 cm thick.
I do it directly in shallow roasting pan greased and floured or parchment paper (do the puppet and then having to transfer the plate is a delicate operation and, at least for me, not easy). After I rolled out, cut the desired shape (if you want a little brush with 'egg) and decorate with the basin and the rest. I put in the oven (preheated) at 180 ° C and bake for 15-20 minutes (or I take it off just beginning to brown. The children willingly
dunking in milk, I imagine the great pleasure in dunking over a finger (placed horizontally or vertically ... you see a bit of'...) vinsanto decent ;-).

0 comments:

Post a Comment